What can you buy on Rittenhouse Square for $300,000? Condo living on the Square comes in many sizes and prices but some great options are available for just about $300K.
Many of my clients looking for a pied-à-terre condo, starter home or retirement retreat have found some gems at attractive price points. Rittenhouse Square living can be affordable! I’ve picked a few examples to show you. Some are move-in ready, others are waiting for your creativity.
10 Rittenhouse Luxury Living
While all the doormen on Rittenhouse are wonderful, there’s something special about how you’re greeted when you enter 10 Rittenhouse. Every time I go there, I feel like royalty! A luxury development, with amazing amenities. Studio listing, Unit 607, was recently reduced to $327,500.
With one of Philly’s top restaurants literally at your door, how can you not love coming home? The Parc has one of my favorite common areas with an open rooftop deck and swimming pool. Ideal for working from home during Summer. The Parc is a pet friendly building, and offers a few different offerings:
- Unit 1513 – Studio 475 sq ft – $259,900
- Unit 1403 – 1 bd / 1 ba 500 sq ft, floor plan more of a studio – $279,900
- Unit 1517 – 1 bd / 1 ba 510 sq ft – $289,900
- Unit 805 – 1 bd / 1 ba 668 sq ft – $319,900
The Dorchester on Rittenhouse Square
My clients either love The Dorchester or hate it! Located right on the Square you can’t get a better location. It was built in the 80’s and has design elements reflecting the era. No pets are allowed here, not even service animals.
But it does offer many options for gracious Rittenhouse Square cosmopolitan living! On-site parking, gym and rooftop pool add to its charm.
Some great options in the $300K range include my favorite – Unit 507, a charming 1 bedroom with outdoor deck originally listed at $310K, now offered for $295,000:
Other options at The Dorchester in the $300K range:
The Savoy – 1810 Rittenhouse Square
Also located directly across from Rittenhouse Square park, The Savoy has a distinctive style with large columns and open lobby overlooking the park. Built in 1952, the architecture reflects the “mod” styles that were cutting edge at the time. Gracious living is yours with a large roof deck available from the 21st floor and an on-site gym. Cats are allowed, but not dogs.
There are a mix of offerings, from luxury extensive condos overlooking the Square to some great 1 and 2 bedroom values in the $300K price range. Top picks are:
- Unit 509 – 2 bd / 1 ba recently reduced to $299K; two small bedrooms, galley kitchen
- Unit 2109 – 1 bd / 1 ba on the top floor with sunlight drenching both the living room and bedroom – $290K
The Phoenix at 1600 Arch Street
Located at the entry to Benjamin Franklin Parkway, this gracious, historic building was originally an Insurance Agency. Not technically “Rittenhouse” but it offers an attractive option.
Built in 1925 you’ll enjoy the Art Deco details combined with updated modern luxury living. Some of the amenities;
- Pet friendly, approved on case-by-case basis
- On-site valet parking, including charging station! Tesla friendly!
- Storage “cages” and bike storage – not always included, but can be rented or purchased from other owners
- On-site direct secure access to Suburban Station for an easy train connections to Amtrak or Philadelphia Airport
- Amenity floor includes open area with pool table, conference room with attached kitchen, open entertaining room with kitchen and large screen TV as well as fully equipped gym and separate weight room
- Rooftop deck unlike any other! Enjoy views, BBQ, entertaining or a quiet retreat to work from home, with views!
While there are luxury sales above $1M, there are also some good 1 bedroom values. Because it wasn’t custom built as condos, there are distinct differences in floor plans and views.
Some examples of 1 bd units in the $300K range (click links for previews);
Unit 1804 – Just Listed for $315K!
Unit 1216 – one bedroom currently offered for $325K
Unit 1916 – a very unique one bedroom with views! Bank owned REO currently offered at $365K
The 4th floor amenity floor offers a pool table and foosball to start; a generous conference room with attached kitchen for meetings; a large entertaining space with fireplace and TV combined with kitchen. The gym is well equipped and hosts a separate weight room (see photos below).
Whatever your dream home is, our custom virtual buying service at Lux Living Group includes video previews and Zoom walk throughs in addition to private showings to help you explore the best options to fit for your personal goals.
Contact us to explore the best that Philly has to offer, and be sure to subscribe to our blog for future updates.